The Tech Hub is pleased to share its digital literacy presentations. The presentations are intended to be a student-facing resource for instructor-led classes that teach digital literacy skills, and they have been designed to accommodate ESOL learners. We are currently revising the presentations to align with the Northstar Digital Literacy curriculum that was released in 2019. This Northstar curriculum is found in the resources section of their admin site and can be accessed through your Northstar account. Here is a link to the Northstar Digital Literacy standards.
The Digital Literacy Curriculum is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 International License.
- Computer Basics
- Internet Basics
- Internet Basics Presentation (MS PowerPoint, 23 slides)
- Privacy and Security
- Privacy and Security Presentation (MS PowerPoint, 34 slides)
- Using Email
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Excel Part 1 Presentation (MS PowerPoint, 19 slides)
- MS Excel Part 2 Presentation (MS PowerPoint, 15 slides)
- MS Excel Part 3 Presentation (MS PowerPoint, 15 slides)
- MS Excel Part 4 Presentation (MS PowerPoint, 15 slides)
- MS Excel Cell Phone Workbook (MS Excel)
- MS Excel Cell Phone Workbook Completed (MS Excel)
- Northstar Digital Literacy Assessments: Northstar offers a range of computer-based digital literacy assessments.
- (Note: to create a Northstar account, or for issues with your current accounts, please email us at email@example.com )
- Low Cost Digital Access, Devices and Resources: A printable document listing local organizations and resources for those who need access to technology
- Mozilla Learning Network: digital literacy lesson plans, activities, and resources. (Site has stopped updating, but still has resources available for view and download.)