Webinars By RI Teachers For RI Teachers
- Weekly Checklist Supported by Self-study, Reading, Writing, Grammar & the Google tool – Loom with Nora Pace: Teacher Series Nora 5.14. Check out additional resource links in Nora’s PowerPoint presentation: Weekly Checklist PPT
- Incorporate Mockingbird Teaching Model into Classroom Instruction with Elizabeth Connallon. Teacher Series 5.7: Apply Mockingbird
- Using Textbooks While Working with Students Online with Susan Kelley webinar: The presentation begins at 14 minutes in this recording. Teacher Series Susan 5.5 PPT Using Textbooks
- Using a Blog to Connect with ESL 1 Students with Allissa Archambault webinar: Teacher Series – Blogs.
- Using Google Suite with Jane Reggio webinar: Teacher Series Jane 4.22 Google class tools
NEW: RIGCD and COVID-19
The Rhode Island Governor’s Commission on Disabilities (RIGCD) has created the following resource guide to assist our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. PDF file:
Professional Development Resources
- Tech Tips for Teachers blog – From World Education: “This blog covers topics related to technology use in adult education in the United States. Posts include simple lesson ideas that teachers can use to integrate technology into instruction, updates on what’s happening in the field, new opportunities and resources, and news from our EdTech Center projects.”
- NELRC – The New England Literacy Resource Council offers many resources for ESOL teachers and those teaching an ESOL population.
- The Change Agent – “The Change Agent is a biannual magazine for adult educators and learners published by the New England Literacy Resource Center (NELRC) at World Education.”
- LINCS Online Courses – From the US Dept of Education: “Access freely available, evidenced-based professional development courses and training through the LINCS Learning Portal. Explore 20+ self-paced online courses and facilitated online courses for adult educators and program managers.”
- Digital Learning Models for English Language Learners (PDF) – a one-page guide from World Education summarizing digital learning models.
- P2PU – Peer 2 Peer University, home of Learning Circles: “Learning circles are free study groups for people who want to take online classes together and in-person.”
- Tech Hub Google tools resource guides:
Digital Literacy Resources for the Classroom and Beyond
- Tech Hub Digital Literacy Curricula – This curriculum is developed by ourselves and our partner organizations, and is designed to be ESOL-friendly and to align with Northstar Digital Literacy standards.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Assessments – Northstar offers a range of computer-based digital literacy assessments. (Note: to create a Northstar account, or for issues with your current accounts, please email us at email@example.com )
- Low Cost Digital Access, Devices and Resources (Google Doc)- A printable document listing local organizations and resources for those who need access to technology
- EveryoneOn – “EveryoneOn is a national nonprofit that creates social and economic opportunity by connecting everyone to the internet.”
- Mozilla Learning Network – digital literacy lesson plans, activities, and resources. (Site has stopped updating, but still has resources available for view and download.)
- Self-directed learning resources: